Today the Room 50 blog celebrates its 1st birthday. Thanks to everyone who has been reading and commenting and especially to those who have signed up to follow the blog.
In the last 365 days, there have been 186 posts, attracting a total of 44,826 views (I’m sure that pales in comparison to the more controversial blogs, but I’ll take it). The blog has enjoyed readers from 89 nations, with the most number of views after the United States coming from Canada, Germany, Cambodia and Greece. There are also folks in places like Slovakia, Moldova and Papua New Guinea who have found their way to virtual Room 50.
Some of the best search items that led readers of the blog include :
* “speakeasy clubs, guns, 1920s”
* “pitbull puppies with blue eyes”
* “teenage boys”
* “cobbling shoes 1900”
* “images of people drinking in speakeasies”
* “Bernie Lynch, hockey coach”
* “does the FBI building contain asbestos”
* “prostitution sting, Lowell, Ma.”
* “Patrick Murphy, Lowell socialist”
* “student fighting in Cambodia”
and . . .
* “how to have a wish come true on Christmas Day”
So, clearly this blog has something for everyone. I am always looking for new story ideas and photo opportunities for the blog. Email your suggestions and feedback to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. And thanks again for reading. Tell your friends.
In the blogscape, Room 50 is a shade tree, next to a crystal clear, trout filled brook.
Awesome blog, Jen…keep it up!
Bernie Lynch, hockey coach – I would love to see that….